Recipes For Thought

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Durian Cake

I like recipes and recipe books by Betty Saw and I tried this durian cake recipe from one of her books. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients :
180g butter
100g caster sugar (I lessen the sugar on my own)
4 eggs separated
150g durian flesh
180g sifted self-raising flour
2 tablespoon of milk

1. Line base and grease cake tin. Cream butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eqq yolks one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
3. Add durian and beat until well-blended.
4. Fold in flour and stir in milk.
5. Whisk egg whites separately until stiff.
6. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
7. Pour mixture into a pan and level surface.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees celsius for 50 min or until cake is cooked.
9. Cool cake tine for 15 min before turning out cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home